Learner diversity is a fact of life for instructors. We deal with a variety of learners that may differ in all aspects of life, cultural, demographic, learning style among others. In this course, we will explore learner diversity and how to ensure that any and all students that come into a classroom are able to learn effectively and meet course objectives.
The goal of this course is to help develop a better understanding of the topic and produce tangible resources to help implement plans, strategies, and ideas at your school. In addition to lecture videos, possible resource links, and assessments, you will be able to utilize the Journal and Learning Activities. Take advantage of a method that best works for you. For example, these assignments can be completed in print form on legal pad, in a spiral bound notebook, or in an actual journal. You may also complete the Journal and Learning Activities in digital form, with a word processor of your choice, as a way to have useful materials to use after successful completion of the class.
Course Hours: 4
- Identify the diverse learner sets in the classroom
- Analyze strategies to effectively set up a successful learning environment for socially and economically diverse learners
- Evaluate strategies to effectively set up a successful learning environment diverse learners of different ages and gender
- You must complete a course section to unlock the next section
- You have unlimited attempts at the assessments
- A 70% or higher is required on each assessment
- You must complete the Course Completion Confirmation to receive your certificate.