Having a positive social media brand is of the utmost importance for career-ready students. With companies searching the Internet and social media during the application process, an errant piece of media can keep a student from getting his or foot in the interview door. But, there are some strategies that students – as well as yourself – can implement to fine tune one’s social media and online presence. This course will cover some methods career management personnel can utilize to help students get that interview and get that career without falling into some social media and online traps.
The goal of this course is to help develop a better understanding of the topic and produce tangible resources to help implement plans, strategies, and ideas at your school. In addition to lecture videos, possible resource links, and assessments, you will be able to utilize the Journal and Learning Activities. Take advantage of a method that best works for you. For example, these assignments can be completed in print form on legal pad, in a spiral bound notebook, or in an actual journal. You may also complete the Journal and Learning Activities in digital form, with a word processor of your choice, as a way to have useful materials to use after successful completion of the class.
Course Hours: 4
After completion of the course, learners will be able to:
- Recognize how employers are using social media to leverage their hiring decisions
- Build a successful brand for students and one’s self
- Assess the “dos” and “do nots” of social media sharing
- Evaluate the privacy settings on social media sites
- You must complete a course section to unlock the next section
- You have unlimited attempts at the assessments
- A 70% or higher is required on each assessment
- You must complete the Course Completion Confirmation to receive your certificate.