Linkedin can be a beneficial tool for career-ready students. By maximizing a student’s profile and utilizing additional features of Linkedin, a career management coordinator can help prepare students for the job-searching experience. By learning the best methods to create and maintain a profile, reviewing the different tools Linkedin offers, and by knowing the dos-and-don’ts of posts, you can help develop lesson and activities to help with the success of your students and graduates to earn a job.
The goal of this course is to help develop a better understanding of the topic and produce tangible resources to help implement plans, strategies, and ideas at your school. In addition to lecture videos, possible resource links, and assessments, you will be able to utilize the Journal and Learning Activities. Take advantage of a method that best works for you. For example, these assignments can be completed in print form on legal pad, in a spiral bound notebook, or in an actual journal. You may also complete the Journal and Learning Activities in digital form, with a word processor of your choice, as a way to have useful materials to use after successful completion of the class.
Course Hours: 4
After completion of the course, learners will be able to:
- Recognize the importance of Linkedin as a professional social network
- Plan and organize Linkedin profile elements to maximize the appeal of a student’s skills and knowledge
- Manage and evaluate Linkedin features beyond the profile creation tool
- Practice and demonstrate effective content management techniques on Linkedin
- You must complete a course section to unlock the next section
- You have unlimited attempts at the assessments
- A 70% or higher is required on each assessment
- You must complete the Course Completion Confirmation to receive your certificate.