This course will explore the online learning landscape and how to ensure learner engagement remains high, even working virtually. The course discusses various aspects of the online education, as well as discussing techniques for both social and motivational forms of engagement and how to apply them appropriately in courses.
The goal of this course is to help develop a better understanding of the topic and produce tangible resources to help implement plans, strategies, and ideas at your school. In addition to lecture videos, possible resource links, and assessments, you will be able to utilize the Journal and Learning Activities. Take advantage of a method that best works for you. For example, these assignments can be completed in print form on legal pad, in a spiral bound notebook, or in an actual journal. You may also complete the Journal and Learning Activities in digital form, with a word processor of your choice, as a way to have useful materials to use after successful completion of the class.
Course Hours: 4
After completion of the course, learners will be able to:
- Identify the foundations of an online learning environment
- Validate and apply social engagement strategies
- Recognize and utilize methods to promote student motivation
- You must complete a course section to unlock the next section
- You have unlimited attempts at the assessments
- A 70% or higher is required on each assessment
- You must complete the Course Completion Confirmation to receive your certificate.